Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer candidates with previous experience as an industrial painter.
- Basic knowledge of industrial painting and bodywork.
- Able to read blueprints.
- Demonstrate the ability to read paint codes and mix paint; may be required to use various types of measuring devices.
- Strong understanding of safety procedures.
- Must be capable of utilizing proper PPE.
- Ability to utilize desktop computer systems, hardware and operating systems.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 lbs. Able to lift 65 lbs. from floor to shoulder level occasionally.
- Ability to frequently exert the pound force limits for push/pull 50lb f (no wheels) or 100lb f (wheels).
- Requires frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing, balancing, lifting, carrying, and reaching or handling with arms, hands and fingers.
- Requires crawling and working in narrow spaces.
- Requires frequent repetitive movements, i.e. hammering, turning wrenches, screwdrivers and impact tools.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to work with fingers.
- Normal vision with or without corrective lenses.
- Exposed to cold, heat, noise mechanical/electrical fume or odor.
- Will be required on occasion to work more than 8 hours on one shift.
Will be required to work at a minimum height of four feet off of the ground.
Ability to operate overhead cranes, mobile equipment and motor vehicles as required.